- Skilled in Adobe Products, including Photoshop, InDesign, InCopy, Illustrator
- Advanced knowledge in AP Style editing.
- Proficient in BLOX CMS and HTML coding.
MANAGING EDITOR, THE DAILY ATHENAEUM
AUGUST 2017 – CURRENT
- One of the three managing editors leading WVU’s independent student newspaper with more than 50 staff members, which was awarded a 2017 Pacemaker as one of the top student newspapers in the country.
- Led the decision to have the newspaper inserted in the local paper, the Dominion Post, to reach a countywide readership of 9,000.
- Focusing on moving the paper forward and gaining more online traffic through
breaking stories to the web and social media posting.
STAFF WRITER, NCWV MEDIA
MAY 2017 – AUGUST 2017
- Earned a competitve position as the summer reporter for The Exponent Telegram and The Fairmont News newspapers.
- Broke high-profile stories on city council, crime, technology, healthcare and local events.
CULTURE EDITOR, THE DAILY ATHENAEUM
AUGUST 2016 – CURRENT
- Oversaw arts and entertainment coverage and had nine stories prepared each week for the section, even though there were only two writers.
- Collaborated with the student radio station by printing a story written by their staff once a week.
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY, MORGANTOWN, WV
Bachelor of Science in Journalism, minor in Creative Writing. Courses include:
- Multimedia News Publication
- Multimedia Storytelling
- Editing & Curation
- Investigative Reporting
- Beat Reporting
- Media Writing
- Media Design
- Media Tools & Applications
- Video & Audio News Writing
- Media Ethics & Law
- Intro-Computer Applications
OMEGA PHI ALPHA, NATIONAL SERVICE SORORITY
- President – 2017
- Vice President – 2016
- Historian – 2015
- Alpha Pledge Class Fundraising Chair – 2014
ADELL CROWE, DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MEDIA
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY
- Phone: (304) 293-2567
- Email: email@example.com
JOHN DAHLIA, MEDIA BUSINESS EDITOR
- Phone: (304) 276-1801
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org